Road Traffic Signals in India
- Basic Rules of the Road
Indian road are know as one of the most in-secure roads in the world. Drivers don’t follow the rules here until there is a traffic cop standing nearby which make road deadly for walker. The rules enlisted under this category are to be meant for all the people sharing the roads. The idea behind formulating such rules is that the roads are meant not only for the drivers (including motorists/cyclists/motorcyclists), but are shared by the pedestrians and animals by the road side. The rules belonging to these categories are mandatory to be followed while using the roads. You can observe all the above-stated rules only if you are patient, considerate and careful.
- Traffic Signals
A traffic light, traffic signal or a stop light is a signaling device positioned at a road intersection to indicate when it is safe to wade through. They are universally of same color with red meaning that the rider should stop at the signal, orange meaning that it is time to get ready for driving and green meaning that you are good to go. These signals should be followed at all cost and anyone breaking them risk not only there life but other people lives also.
STOP & WAIT
- Road Signals
Signs form a vital and integral part of the trafficking system for the safety of the road users. As per IRC (Indian Roads Congress) Road Signs are for indications on the road the road signs are categorized into 3 types:
- Mandatory Signs or Regulatory Signs : These are signal which you have to follow like traffic signals.
- Cautionary Signs or Warning or Precautionary : These are signal which gives you warning about not doing something.
- Informatory Signs : These are more informational in nature telling you what you are expected to do on the road.
This is the full list of road signals. You will not need to remember all of them but there are important to be aware of them.
- Hand Signals
Hand Signals or Manual Regulation Signs are the gestures used to regulate traffic on the road using the hand movements. Traffic policemen use these actions to Regulate traffic particularly at intersections while the drivers use these signals to Notify the other users on the road about his intentions. Based on the person these Can be categorized as:
Traffic hand signal by Policeman
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Pune Police Constable Recruitment 2014 - May 5, 2014
- CRPF Constable Bharti 2013 for 813 post Trade & Technical Posts - October 23, 2013
- Chandigarh Police Recruitment 2013 for 94 Constable Vacancies – SC - October 1, 2013